BEST ALL TERRAIN AND CONDITIONS SPLITBOARD CLIMBING SKINS
Fully featured and optimal for any location and all conditions. Universal nylon plush material for durability and versatility. Ideal balance of grip/glide/weight/durability.
The splitboard-specific components including tip connector with one fixed and one articulating hand, camming tail connector, and pre-cut straight edge combine for a secure, lightweight connection on most board shapes. Eliminating the need for difficult positioning and hard pulling to affix the tail strap, the new SPLITBOARD+ tail connector features a straight edge to line up on your board and a simple camming clip that requires very little effort and will hold the tail strap in place with confidence.
The sizing curve for the SPLITBOARD+ skins reflects real user needs and positions the most popular board lengths in the middle of a size. Removable rip strip Reduces skin-to-skin adhesion, making it easier to pull apart skins. If your glue gets contaminated on an epic traverse, you can remove the strip for extra adhesion.
Having problems fitting the tail clip to swallow-tailed boards? If you use a swallow-tailed board, you can try switching the left and right tail clips to grab the curved outside of your board. Or you can try retrofitting your skins with G3 Twin Tip Connectors
- Asymmetrical tip connector & innovative camming tail connector
- Pre-cut straight edge
- Flexible sizing with generous overlap
- Removable rip strip
- Trim Tool & Skin Savers included
- Updated non-toxic adhesive lets you do more laps and cover more terrain
- PFC-free waterproofing treatment that exceeds environmental standards
- Proudly designed, tested and manufactured in BC, Canada
|Lengths:||144 - 162cm||154 - 172cm|
My previous skins had good grip but on steeper snow I found I often felt like I was snowshoeing. My G3 skins have great glide which makes ascents much less grueling while the grip is still good. Very happy to have switched to G#
Skins are great, much better glide than the dark blue grip skins which don’t glide very much at all.
+ Best option I found for my splitboard
+ Clean connection to the front of my split and no snow is sneaking under the skins at the front which is one of the biggest challenges for all split skins.
+ Easy installation and great cutting tool.
+ Grip is plenty adequate and glide is ok (if anything these seem to be slightly on the grippier end of the spectrum but no so grippy as to be velcro).
- The tail connector didn't fit the weird tail on my split but I was able to substitute an old G3 tail connector and that works great. It's nice that the hole pattern on the tail strap for the Universal is consistent with older/other models.
- I got the M/L which is the correct size for my split but since my split is on the smaller end of this range there's quite a bit of excess tail. It would be nice to be able to cut or secure this in a way that didn't compromise the skins.
easy to use and customize to fin the board