FOR COLD AND DRY CONDITIONS
Since we build our Climbing Skins in-house here at G3, we've collected some extra fabric and parts along the way. Rather than throw them in the bin, we decided to save them from the landfill and put them to good use by offering a limited edition run of CRAFT Climbing Skins.
To reduce our waste and be kind to the planet, we're combining these extra materials to create a superb quality skin at a great price point. Perfect for those just getting into touring or anyone looking for a value Climbing Skin.
CRAFT Climbing Skins are made with the same high-quality plush fabric and backing material as our other climbing skins. The only difference is that they are made with different colour patterns, tips, and tails, which may change between batches due to this limited production run.
SPEED Climbing Skins are made with 100% mohair plush - the lightest, fastest, and most packable high-performance skin available that doesn't sacrifice usability.
Because these are limited production runs, the tips, tails, and colours might change between batches, but the performance will stay the same. G3 offers a manufacturing warranty on performance but not for cosmetic appearance.
- Trim tool, skin savers, and skin bag included
- Does not include rip strip
- Made with high-quality repurposed G3 materials
- Premium Plush: 100% mohair plush is lightweight & fast
- Updated non-toxic adhesive
- Adhesive withstands extreme cold down to -30C/-22F
- Width: 140mm
- Proudly designed, tested and manufactured in BC, Canada
- Recycled and recyclable storage bag and box
- This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer or reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
These worked for me. I wish there were some sort of rating to show plush grip. In my late season touring these seem fast and the grip doesn't seem as bad as I thought in terms of trade off for extra glide. That being said I'm not doing a side to side with all the different models so take it with a grain of salt.
Not many people doing 100% Mohair splitboard skins. Yes it's a niche product but it's also a good price to try these out. Thanks G3 for re-purposing this product and giving the splitboard community something other than just ultra grippy (and often not great glide) skins to try.
These are noticeably faster on the glide. They've been fun in the spring for my local area that requires a bit of tour to get into. Definitely don't expect the same up angle as a true grip but you'll be better able to keep up with your ski buddies on the flats and low aspects.